The SHIFT project began in June 2010 with the support from the EACI through the IEE funding. After being implemented for 36 months the project has completed as of 31.May.2013. The SHIFT project has produced the following tools/results:
- Developed a Total Quality Management system for cities to measure the performance of their urban transportation i.e. SHIFT Scheme.
- A Manual for Cities to perform an Assessment is available for download from the link below.
- Developed an organsiation that will receive request for assessments, audits and award labels.
- Trained auditors for performing audits in cities implementing the SHIFT methodology.
- Completed pilot audits in 6 European cities namely, Lund (SE), Dundee (UK), Oss (NL), Turnhout (BE), Burgas (BG), and Miskolc (HU).
- Awarded labels to the above mentioned pilot cities.
The SHIFT project will continue as a regular service from June 2013. The service is open to all the cities interested in implementing the SHIFT assessment and audit.